Every Day (2018)

Title -               Every Day

Type -              Feature Fiction

Genre -            Fantasy, Mystery, Romance

Director -        Michael Sucsy

Country -        United States of America

This is one of those films that you enjoy before watching, ya' dig?  I mean, the plot is tantalising; the life of a spirit that hovers from body to body each day, occupying a new person each time.  The spirit whose name is 'A' eventually falls in love with a teenage girl named Rhiannon (played by Angourine Rice) and then the problems begin.  Don't you like the concept already even before watching it?



Maybe I have not seen a film whose concept is lock, stock & barrel of this one's but I do know for a fact, that even if that's the case, this was a good film.  The story does not bore you nor does it drag-out as most of this type do.  The casting too was done well and it had to given the script.  I would say this film scores above average on most if not all fronts of review.  Again, like with most of the films I review, I would only have creative differences if say I was to direct or write it.

For starters, I would have made it a fantasy-thriller as opposed to the fantasy-romance it clearly is.  This would have given me room to swim deeper into the realm of character development (especially on 'A') as well as craft more fantasy around the phenom that is A.  I would have also added more realism to the story transitions (from character to next) giving the film a realer feel which often works better with fantasy.  One thing I need to mention here is that this film is a book adaptation; so when all is said and done one can only veer off so far when it comes to creative flexibility.  

Not one to see in the big screens mainly because its not heavy on VFX but definitely one to add to a home-watch list.  


Rating - 3/5 stars 


Review by Robert Mũnũku


Facebook

Twitter 

Instagram -   @nairobifilmgeek

Email -          nairobifilmgeek@gmail.com

Comments